D17599: Confirm closing if multiple tabs are open.

Nathaniel Graham noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 23 05:24:00 GMT 2018

ngraham added a comment.

  In D17599#379415 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17599#379415>, @sars wrote:

  > @shubham I'm wondering about the original issue that you try to fix with this review request. Why do we need a dialog that warns that there are multiple documents open in Kate when we close it?

  I can think of a couple reasons:

  1. There's a bug report requesting it.
  2. Consistency with other tabbed KDE apps that do the same thing (Dolphin, Okular).
  3. If you're not using a session (which requires manual work to initiate), you lose all your open tabs when you close and re-open. Maybe we should only show the dialog when there's no active session, and in the dialog we could actually inform the user about sessions and the possibility to auto-save the open tabs.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate