D17693: DocumentPrivate: Treat angle bracket < and backtick ` also as "auto bracket" when we have a selection

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Thu Dec 20 08:07:14 GMT 2018

sars added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> katedocument.cpp:117
>
> -static inline QChar matchingStartBracket(QChar c, bool withQuotes)
> +static inline QChar matchingStartBracket(const QChar &c)
>  {

I'm not familiar with the auto-bracket code, but the change from QChar to const QChar & does not improve the amount of copied data.

Qt documentation: "Most compilers treat it like an unsigned short."

This means that in stead of adding unsigned short to the stack you add the 64bit reference and add the tiny overhead that the reference brings with it.

It probably has no practical difference tho....

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor