D17443: Kate: Keyboard shortcuts F6/Shift+F6 for Next/Previous Match

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Dec 19 23:02:16 GMT 2018

gregormi added a comment.

  In D17443#379221 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17443#379221>, @dhaumann wrote:

  > The changes in the replicode plugin certainly look good to me and can be committed.

  ok

  > Could you serch for Key_F6 in the KTextEditor and Kate source code? I want to avoid that we overlook something.

  I'll report back.

  > Ctrl+shift+P: ctrl+P is print. The shift shortcuts are typically the opposite, which is not the case here.

  In the area of Split Views Shift seems not to be the opposite of the original shortcut (e.g. current shortcuts Ctrl+Shift+L (vertical split) and Ctrl+Shift+T (horizontal split) => without Shift it is 'Save All' and 'Transpose'). So maybe an exception from the general rule is fine here. I wondered what the opposite of Print might be and checked what Ctrl+Shift+P does in other applications, namely those two: 1. Firefox: Private Browsing, 2. Libre Office Writer: "Hochgestellt"; so also very different meanings here.
  Or is there maybe a specific reason why currently an F key (F8) is used here?

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate