D17459: SearchBar: Add Cancel button to stop long running tasks

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 11 06:16:50 GMT 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  > I would also advise against calling processEvents()
  >  It is something that comes up every once a while, but has just proven to be a bad idea over the last ten-something years.

  I see. Your bad experiences advise you against it.

  > I still think the normal single shot stuff should do the trick in most cases.

  That is complete unclear to me, as I have tried to explain above.

  As I have already admitted, have I trouble to understand most of your code. You want that singleShot stuff. Ok. The only different should be than the remaining code below line ~891, right? (Well, in my last update I moved the processEvents call some lines up, but that could be fixed)

    } while (!m_cancelSearchOrReplace);

  What is there done which can cause big trouble when the user clicked nervous around before that part was processed?

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor