D17441: tune editing actions for large number of small edits

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Dec 9 15:11:28 GMT 2018

cullmann added a comment.

  In D17441#373939 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D17441#373939>, @loh.tar wrote:

  > > Yes, there is now a limit for how many highlightings are done.
  > >  If its too much, we skip that, else the rendering will break everthing down ;=)
  >
  > Doing these highliting "on the fly" (only what is/became visible) is probably not possible(?)

  In principle yes, but I think that is too much work for the case that "mostly all things" are marked ;=)

  > BTW: Thanks a lot for your detailed perf explanations! Unfortunately didn't see I more clear, these percent data are not very self explanatory

  perf is really great, without any large overhead one can directly see (in most cases) were to put effort into.

  further info about the flamegraph I attached as SVG here, see on

  http://www.brendangregg.com/flamegraphs.html

  :=) The run perf on the production servers of netflix, not bad.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor