D17442: KTextEditor: Tweak keyboard shortcuts to prepare for F6/Shift+F6 in Kate
noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 23:09:02 GMT 2018
gregormi created this revision.
Herald added projects: Kate, Frameworks.
Herald added subscribers: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel.
gregormi requested review of this revision.
The idea is to use F6 and Shift+F6 in Kate for Next and Previous Search
Match. These shortcuts are also used by QtCreator for that.
Since F6 is currently used for "Show Icon Border", here is a proposal to
1. Change shortcut for "Show Icon Border" to "Ctrl+E, Ctrl+B" because it
is used not that often to deserve an F key.
Why "Ctrl+E, ..."? Because Qt Creator uses it as start key combination
for various functions. The alternative would be "Ctrl+D, ..." which is
used by Visual Studio.
Ctrl+E is currently used for "Go to previous edit" (Ctrl+Shift+E: go to
next edit). Ctrl+D is currently used to comment a line. I choose to
change "Go to previous edit".
2. Set new shortcut Alt+F6 and Alt+Shift+F6 for "Go to previous/next
While at it, I made some additions with the newly freed Ctrl+E shortcut:
3. Add Ctrl+E, Ctrl+W for "Dynamic Word Wrap" (like in Qt Creator) (the
current F10 could be freed later)
4. Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+I for "Clean Indentation" which is a useful feature
(which could later be extended by a more powerful code formatter)
5. Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+S for "Show non-printable spaces" (for comparison:
in Qt Creator it is Ctrl+E, Ctrl+V for "Visualize Whitespace")
6. Use Ctrl+E, Ctrl+L for "Show Line Numbers" (as alternative to F11
which could later be used for something else)
Cc: kwrite-devel, kde-frameworks-devel, hase, michaelh, ngraham, bruns, demsking, cullmann, sars, dhaumann
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the KWrite-Devel