D17241: WIP:Disable highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters.

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 20:53:44 GMT 2018

sars marked 2 inline comments as done.
sars added a comment.

  @dhaumann: You are right, the highlighting of the document still takes place and it is only KateRenderer that stops using the highlighting info for all lines longer than 1024 characters. All shorter lines are highlighted.

  So the length limit option is still the same: Wrapping long lines on opening a document, just 25 times longer ;)

  The disabled high-lighting **is** a workaround, but if we don't bring in some radical changes it will choke at some point anyways. So I would say that the target is to get the limits as high as possible.

  I saw that Visualstudio code uses a similar limit for highlighting lines, but I don't know if that disables the highlighting totally....

  I found this workaround by running Kate in Hotspot ;) I can continue a bit to see if I can get the 1024 limit raised...

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor