D17437: SearchBar: Avoid malfunction with very large files

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 17:52:06 GMT 2018

cullmann added a comment.

  For the: I like to suggest to get rid of most of that S&R code and use instead code from the Search plugin. There is the S&R done in an own thread and did not block the UI.

  I would for sure like to have batched search/replace, e.g. that one does the stuff in chunks via single-shot timers and doesn't block the UI for e.g. incremental search that would be really nifty.

  That would allow people to abort long running stuff, too.

  (even no threads needed, just batch the stuff in e.g. 1000 line chunks)

  I would really love to have this improved, I think there are some bugs around that wish for non-blocking search/replace, too, like other proper editors have (and we not, shame on us)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor