D17437: SearchBar: Avoid malfunction with very large files

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 17:48:30 GMT 2018

cullmann requested changes to this revision.
cullmann added a comment.

  Hmm, I don't like such hard limits.
  e.g. in our company, more or less all machines have 32 or 64 GB of memory and that should work fine.
  (not that I say we should use that much memory).

  I would more like either a fix for the memory hogging or a soft-limit, like you report "oh, we already do xxxxxxxxx replacements, that might take a lot of memory, do you want to continue? x remember that choice..)

  That will rescue people that replace stuff by accident and still let people with "a lot" memory use the tool like they want ;=)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor