D17432: Add Analyzser Tool "Cppcheck (C++ only)"

gregormi noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 8 16:02:25 GMT 2018

gregormi created this revision.
Herald added a project: Kate.
Herald added a subscriber: kwrite-devel.
gregormi requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  I tried to run the current Cppcheck tool also on header files which
  resulted in some errors because Cppcheck thought it was a C file.

  In the new version of the Cppcheck tool "Cppcheck (C++ only)" the
  parameter --language=c++ is set explicitly and header files are included
  in the file filter.

  With this setting more results were generated, e.g. in katemainwindow.h
  several methods were marked as "not used", e.g. closeSplitView, which I
  removed with this commit. The code still compiles fine though I am not
  sure if the function is maybe supposed to be used from some external
  project.

  I find the following strange: if Cppcheck is only run on cpp files, it
  still reports some issues in header files. But not as much as when I
  explicitly feed it with the header files.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate

BRANCH
  my_cppcheck2

AFFECTED FILES
  addons/project/CMakeLists.txt
  addons/project/tools/kateprojectcodeanalysisselector.cpp
  addons/project/tools/kateprojectcodeanalysistoolcppcheck.cpp
  addons/project/tools/kateprojectcodeanalysistoolcppcheck2.cpp
  addons/project/tools/kateprojectcodeanalysistoolcppcheck2.h
  kate/katemainwindow.h