D17138: Kate: File menu: Put Save, Print and Export actions into submenus

loh tar noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 4 15:19:38 GMT 2018

loh.tar added a comment.

  I like the approach to move much into a 2nd level menu because I'm easy annoyed by long menus where I have to scan and move a long way down.

  > ... Save As... That one is super common and I think it deserves to be on the top level

  It would be good to give new idea's a chance and not to cling to old fashioned ones only on principle.

  Furthermore is it to me often confusing where to find some point, on 1st or 2nd level. So when all is in 2nd and 1st level is short (in height) and descriptive it could help to find faster what your are looking for.

  However, it's even worse when you have more than two menu level or when the 1st level menu is to wide, as often in German where the translators seams to focus more on to be as accurate as possible rather than short as possible.

  So my suggestion would be to have only "Save >", "Print and Export >", "Close >" and so forth on 1st level.

REPOSITORY
  R40 Kate