D17241: Disable highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters.

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Tue Dec 4 11:30:30 GMT 2018

sars added a comment.

  I agree, we need to do something about the line length limit (that only wraps the lines at the limit when opening the file).

  The question is: do we totally remove the option and limit or only the option and raise the limit.

  You can still edit the document at 200 000 characters, but it starts to get sluggish. At 500 000 it takes almost a second to insert a space (on my computer). If we keep the limit, we probably could be one of the few editor that could open and read files with millions of characters on a line.

  If we keep the limit what would it be? 100000, 65536, 50000 or what?

  Or do we keep the option and just raise the default limit?

  I'm currently working on adding a notice message about the disabled highlighting.

  There also seems to be a test for the long lines that needs to be updated.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor