D17241: Disable highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters.

Kåre Särs noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sat Dec 1 17:41:03 GMT 2018

sars updated this revision to Diff 46633.
sars retitled this revision from "WIP: Disable highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters." to "Disable highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters.".
sars edited the summary of this revision.
sars added a reviewer: dhaumann.
sars added a comment.

  (Remove the unrelated change in src/view/kateview.cpp)

  This version now disables the highlighting for lines longer than 1024 characters also when the line is selected. The selection highlight is shown tho.

  What is the way forward? Do we apply this? Should we modify the line length limit?

  I have now tested with a file with 97000 columns and I can start to see some slowdown but it is still usable.

  I think we could raise the limit to 50000, but also add a notification if the file contains lines longer than 1024.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D17241?vs=46632&id=46633