D15134: decrease StateData space by more than 50% and half the number of needed mallocs

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 29 08:51:47 BST 2018

cullmann added a comment.

  Regarding implicit sharing, is this actually shared between two (subsequent) lines with the same state (think of e.g. a multi-line license header block)? Then it might be interesting to keep it, otherwise I agree, the increased control of a std::vector might be preferable here indeed.

  At the moment, KTextEditor compares the returned states and reuses the input state.
  I would do the same in highlightLine, then you get that for free.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting