D14236: Add some improvements to kate-syntax-highlighter for use in scripting

Laurent Cimon noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 26 15:31:24 BST 2018

xciml updated this revision to Diff 40467.
xciml marked an inline comment as done.
xciml added a comment.

  In D14236#315639 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14236#315639>, @cullmann wrote:

  > I am not sure about the default argument for title, why not just have there QString() and in the code instead of isNull() an isEmpty => use file name fallback.

  I'm not sure what you meant by this, did I get it right? I defaulted to a QStringLiteral in the header to make it clear what the default behaviour would be, but this does make it simpler to work with.  I also realised that since user input is taken, the title would have to be HTML escaped, so it works out.

  > The definitionForMimeType must perhaps use the priority, too, if there are duplicates, like the definitionForFileName function.

  I did run into this problem, without checking the priority, the program would return a random match. This should fix it. Thanks for pointing that out!

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting

CHANGES SINCE LAST UPDATE
  https://phabricator.kde.org/D14236?vs=39700&id=40467