D14826: inline note interface wip #2

Dominik Haumann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 15 20:34:19 BST 2018

dhaumann added a comment.

  I think this goes into the right direction :-)

INLINE COMMENTS

> inlinenoteinterface.h:2
> +/* This file is part of the KDE libraries
> +
> +   This library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or

author missing

@since 5.50

> inlinenoteinterface.h:100
> +    virtual void unregisterInlineNoteProvider(KTextEditor::InlineNoteProvider *provider) = 0;
> +};
> +

Please add a d-pointer as placeholder.

private:

  /**
   * private d-pointer
   */
  class InlineNoteInterfacePrivate *const d = nullptr;

> inlinenoteinterface.h:117
> +public:
> +    enum ActivationType {
> +        Inactive, ///< The note is inactive (the default)

- move to InlineNote
- turn into enum class

> inlinenoteinterface.h:173-176
> +     * \param note note to paint, containing location and index
> +     * \param height the height of the line in pixels
> +     * \param font the QFont used in the editor
> +     * \param painter painter prepared for rendering the note

- API documentation is wrong
- please use @param instead of \param everywhere, i.e. we prefer @xyz over \xyz

> inlinenoteinterface.h:195
> +     */
> +    virtual void noteActivated(const InlineNote& note, ActivationType type, QPoint pos) {
> +        Q_UNUSED(note);

noteActivated -> inlineNoteActivated()

> inlinenoteinterface.h:295
> +    }
> +
> +    /**

can you try making all variables private?

> inlinenoteinterface.h:325
> +    int lineHeight;
> +};
> +

please add d-pointer:

  private:
      class InlineNotePrivate * const d = nullptr;

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor