D5802: ViewPrivate, KateSearchBar, KateVi::MatchHighlighter: use selection foreground for search highlights

Ivan Shapovalov noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Wed Aug 15 12:51:43 BST 2018

intelfx added a comment.

  @mwolff @dhaumann @brauch I'm sorry for my silence — I stopped using KDE/KDevelop some time ago and did not track this changeset properly. Could you please reiterate what was the conclusion and what were @mwolff's requested changes?

  > The idea is to have just one color for search results that need to match. This currently is the foreground color of normal text. We would need to really make sure all color schemes still work properly.

  Sorry, I did not understand this. Could you please rephrase?

  > Couldn't this be fixed by checking what color has the higher contrast - selection or normal? Then pick the one that has the higher contrast.

  IMO this is too specific logic to hard-code. What if there is a schema explicitly designed for low contrast?

  > Can't we simply update our shipped schemas, and expect users with custom schemas to fix them?

  I believe many would oppose :)

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor