D14758: use view lines for wheel scrolling, not real lines

Sven Brauch noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Mon Aug 13 09:07:25 BST 2018

brauch added a comment.

  In D14758#307401 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14758#307401>, @ngraham wrote:

  > In D14758#307333 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D14758#307333>, @brauch wrote:
  >
  > > The "overly sensitive touchpad" issue seems to be missing accumulation of scroll events, so this patch to my understanding should not have it.
  >

  > Yeah, I don't think that's our bug, and we shouldn't work around it here. The reporter should file a bug against libinput.

  Hmm, I understood this differently. I thought this happens when you react to each input event sent by the kernel, regardless of its delta, like e.g. the old gwenview code did which you linked: it just zooms in once per event. Thus devices which generate more events with smaller deltas zoom in faster, which is not good. And this bug is definitely at the application level, not in libinput.

REPOSITORY
  R39 KTextEditor