D14762: Proposal: Add "None" highlighting to repository per default

Christoph Cullmann noreply at phabricator.kde.org
Sun Aug 12 12:35:25 BST 2018

cullmann created this revision.
cullmann added reviewers: vkrause, dhaumann.
Restricted Application added projects: Kate, Frameworks.
Restricted Application added subscribers: kde-frameworks-devel, kwrite-devel.
cullmann requested review of this revision.

REVISION SUMMARY
  Rational: e.g. KTextEditor uses the repository to manage all syntax definitions.
  But to allow the user to use "None" as highlighting, we special case that everywhere and use there Definition().
  I think it would be much cleaner if the "None" definition is just part of the repository.
  An other approach would be to be able to add it later ourself.

TEST PLAN
  With this patch applied, I can just use definitions() everywhere in KTextEditor KateSyntaxManager without any special casing.

REPOSITORY
  R216 Syntax Highlighting

AFFECTED FILES
  src/lib/definition_p.h