Search & Replace: show number of checked items

Kåre Särs kare.sars at iki.fi
Tue Apr 17 05:47:51 UTC 2018

Hi Alex,

On tisdag 17 april 2018 kl. 00:03:25 EEST Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a small patch locally which makes the Search & Replace plugin show
> the number of currently checked search results, see the attached
> screenshot. For me this is useful with long lists of results and going
> trhough the results one by one.
>
> Objections ?

No objections :)

While you are at it, I have been thinking about adding a "Disable search as
you type" button between the "Regexp" and "expand tree" buttons. The default
would be not checked. With that option added I have also been thinking about
adding two non-menu actions, one for "search + enable search as you type" and
the second "search + disable search as you type". Another approach could be to
just add an action for toggling the "disable search as you type" option.

If you are interested in adding that let me know.

/Kåre