Problems with KATE

Sven Brauch mail at svenbrauch.de
Sun Oct 22 21:44:41 UTC 2017

On 22/10/17 02:50, Kevin wrote:
> If it helps, with me it occurred on, or soon after, a ctl-C paste.
To me this all hints to the indenter (because the conditions you
describe are when the indenter is invoked), and the fact that it crashes
and only sometimes sounds like it's a problem with the JS engine.

Did you also update Qt? From what version to what version? But I guess
it's more because we changed which script engine we use in kate, which
is rather bad news ...

Can you start kate in gdb ("gdb kate") and get a backtrace when it
crashes? Maybe that contains a hint about what's happening.

For the record, I haven't seen any of these issues on my systems, ever.

Greetings,
Sven