Kate Editor and problem with ZWNJ control character

Sohail blackcanopus at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 19:02:39 UTC 2017

Dear Kate developers

I am having a problem with the Windows (64b) version of Kate.
I use Kate to write in several languages and one of them requires ZWNJ
(Zero Width Non-Joiner) control character. Whenever I try to use the
Windows shortcut <Ctrl + Shift + 2> or another shortcut using AutoHotKey to
enter the character (U+200C), Kate refuses to acknowledge and display it. A
workaround is to copy the character to the clipboard and then paste it. But
that's going to cause all kinds of problems with the clipboard because I
use clipboard a lot.
I'd really appreciate any help.

Sincerely,
Sohail