[sysadmin/kde-ansible] /: Delete ".kateconfig"

Burkhard Lück lueck at hube-lueck.de
Sun Dec 31 14:05:31 UTC 2017

Am Samstag, 30. Dezember 2017, 21:35:05 CET schrieb Dominik Haumann:
> On Sat, Dec 30, 2017 at 8:29 PM, Dominik Haumann <dhaumann at kde.org> wrote:
> > Yes, it is a unknown feature. We lack documentation, but I plan to address
> > this soon.
> >
> > As said, the blog is updated now and describes how the feature *should*
> > work>
> > :)

The section "Enable the Feature" on https://kate-editor.org/2006/02/09/
kateconfig-files/ is wrong, the option "Search depth for config file" was removed
with:
 https://cgit.kde.org/ktexteditor.git/commit/src/dialogs/
opensaveconfigadvwidget.ui?id=d57ff9c32328644b1b06f0296981a29537430202

Which search depths is kate using now?

> > Am 30.12.2017 18:11 schrieb "Nicolás Alvarez" <nicolas.alvarez at gmail.com>:
> >> Last I checked, the handbook didn't even mention kateconfig.

Enter "kateconfig" in the Words field at the right side on docs.kde.org, click
"Search" and the open the first and only hit, same works in KHelpcenter:

https://docs.kde.org/trunk5/en/applications/katepart/config-variables.html

"Additionally, document variables can be placed in a file called .kateconfig in
any directory, and the configured settings will be applied as if the modelines
were entered on every file in the directory and its subdirectories, as far down
as the configured search depth. Document variables in .kateconfig use the same
syntax as in modelines."

--
Burkhard Lück