Python plugins

Jan Papež (honyczek) honyczek-mailing at email.cz
Fri Dec 22 09:02:38 UTC 2017

Hello,

I'm missing python Kate plugins [1] made by Pablo Martín. I wonder if
Kate 17 built on Qt5 still supports python plugins? If I look for
included plugins with Kate like SQL Plugin I see them in
/usr/lib64/qt5/plugins/ktexteditor/ and they are all *.so binaries.
I'm looking for some help how to create plugins to learn if I can
update python Kate plugins.

I also read an article about switching to python 3 [2]. I didn't find
any further info, how it finished. Search in marc.info is not
comfortable.

Please, could you give me some help?

[1] https://github.com/goinnn/Kate-plugins
[2] https://kate-editor.org/2013/11/11/kate-on-5-the-future-of-ktexteditor-and-kate-part/