Failing KTextEditor unit tests

Ben Cooksley bcooksley at kde.org
Mon Dec 4 17:38:50 UTC 2017

On Tue, Dec 5, 2017 at 5:32 AM, Dominik Haumann <dhaumann at kde.org> wrote:
> Hi frameworks-devs,

Hi Dominik,

> since some time we have several unit tests that fail in the
> KTextEditor framework:
> https://build.kde.org/job/Frameworks%20ktexteditor%20kf5-qt5%20SUSEQt5.10/11/testReport/
>
> It sesms all these issues are related to changes in the font, could that be?
> It even seems that asking for a fixed font that used to work does not
> work anymore:
>
>     QFont fixedWidthFont("Monospace");
>     fixedWidthFont.setStyleHint(QFont::TypeWriter);
>     Q_ASSERT_X(QFontInfo(fixedWidthFont).fixedPitch(), "we hit this assert!");
>
> Is there anything we can do to get this working again?
> Or do we need to fix the unit tests (which do work on my local machine!) ?

This is probably because the CI images only have the Cantarell font
installed in them at the moment (no idea what triggers that one
specifically to be installed).
If someone has a list of common font packages for SUSE then I can add
those to the image relatively easy, which will probably fix those
tests.

> Greetings
> Dominik

Cheers,