[Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 02:01:50 CEST 2006

Sound may be a separate issue from the tuner.  Some cards, like WinTV-GO,
require an audio cable to your sound card.  Frequently, lack of sound is an
issue of mute or volume level.  I don't remember what OS you're using but
the volume control icon will usually link you to a sound mixer.  This is
where mute and sound levels of captured audio like that from a TV card are
controlled.  I un-mute all capture sources.  Microphone, PCM or Line-in are
the most likely sources of TV audio.

-- George

On 9/25/06, folonio <folonio at gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thank you very much. I really appreciate your help.
>
> So I have to find which tuner fits my card, but what do you think about
> the issue with the sound?
>
> Should it be fixed using the right tuner? I will keep on trying. I wont
> give up until I get it to work Hehe!
>

> Regards,
>

> Alvaro

> *Subject:* Re: [Kwintv] No Audio No channels, Please help!
>

> There are only a few TV chip sets and many are supported by the BTTV
> driver.  BT stands for Brook Tree.  On the other hand there are many tuners
> -- over 50 I think.  A manufacturer might use a different tuner without
> changing the card model.  Not having a tuner driver or not picking the right
> tuner number can cause the problem you describe.   I had trouble identifying
> the tuner on a WinTV Go card.  The large package, perhaps 1.5x3 inches, is
> the tuner.  I peeled back the card vendor sticker and identified the tuner.
> That ID led me the correct tuner number to use.
>
> On 9/22/06, *folonio *<folonio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello thanks for your answer it is very helpfull, i will try to do it as
> you
> said.
>
> Ifact I am running Suse 9.3 on an asrock P4vm8 motherboard, with a Celeron
> 2.26 ghz and 512 mb ram. My Tv card is an Encore Eview - tv, with FM, BT
> 878
> chip.
>
> I am not sure about the driver.
>

> --