[Kwintv] Option to disable Xv in V4L2 plugin

Tomasz Czapiewski xeros at telesat.com.pl
Fri Sep 8 11:20:20 CEST 2006

First, I'd like to say hello to everyone in the KdeTV list.
KdeTV is great program and I think I will be using it for ages.
I've migrated from Windows to Linux (Kubuntu Dapper Drake 6.06) and KdeTV
has replaced DScaler on my computer.

KdeTV is great, but I have few issues with it:

1. I need to disable Xv and Shm in Video4Linux2 plugin in program, because
I have configured my computer to multiseat (2 users on one computer - one
graphic card, 2 monitors, 2 keyboards, 2 mouses - one native
X-window with MergedFB and two Xephyrs on it) - works great and stable,
with KdeTV, too; but Xephyrs don't support Xvideo and Shm.
KdeTV works good with Video4Linux1 plugin (in which I disable Xv and Shm
for X11) but it has issues with many deinterlace filters - works only with
Bilinear, Linear or without deinterlace filters.
And v4l1 plugin doesn't work good in fullscreen mode - I have tv display
only in first quarter of screen and it's slow, the rest of screen is
black.
I think the problem with the fullscreen speed must be plugin dependant -
kmplayer with mplayer or xine engine plays fullscreen video with simple
X11 output at full speed (the same screen resolution).

2. I'd like to have change volume shortcuts with right mouse button +
wheel up/down like in DScaler - it's very usefull and my wife needs it.

3. I'd like to move the window (in TV display mode) with drag by left
mouse button not only with title bar but on tv display screen, too - it's
very usefull in DScaler, too, and could be espessialy usefull in KdeTV
with KDE no frames display mode for window.

It's all I need in this application.

PS> My computer is P4 3Ghz with HyperThreading enaled (not prescott), 1GB
RAM, ATI Radeon 9600 256MB (DVI, VGA, TV outputs), 2 TV cards:
CPH064(BT878+Themic4012FY) (this one I use all the time) and Avermedia
AverTV Go 007 FM Plus (SAA7134+TDA8275).

Keep up great work.

Best regards,
Tom

--
:  `Yg. ,P' ,gP""Yg. gP""Yg. ,gP""Yg. ,gP""Yg   :   Tomasz Czapiewski    :
:   `Y$B'   $P   ,$' $$   YP d'   `Y$ `Y._      :      xeros at irc.pl      :