[Kwintv] Fwd: Sound without picture

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Sat Feb 11 03:20:20 CET 2006

I solved my problem and wanted to get back with the solution.  My particular
thanks to Dirk Ziegelmeter for some really detailed help on my problem --
stated in the Forward below.  The answer was the on board video of my new
Gigabyte GA-K8VM800M motherboard.  It laked some specific features used by
kdetv and tvtime both.  I purchased an e-GeForce FX 5200 with Nvidia chip
set and all is well.  SuSE made getting the driver from the vendor so easy I
had to check to see if was actually started.  The TV image is stunningly
better than with my last PC which had a compatible on board video chip set.

Have a great day -- George