[Kwintv] kdetv - system sound

Leo de Bruijn l.de.bruijn at hccnet.nl
Thu Feb 2 10:46:27 CET 2006

Hi,

I have a problem with my tvcard.

Situation:

Suse 10.0 fresh install

Video Card:    Hercules 3d Prophet 9000 128MB
                      detected as ATI RV250 IF
                      Driver Radeon
TV card:         detected as       Pinnacle PCTV Studio/Rave
                      driver BTTV

Sound:           on Board, detected as  CM8738
                     driver snd-cmipci.

The tv card works well with KDETV and ZAPPING.
But when any other sound occurs, for instance a beep when new mail arrives,
the system freezes completely. Tv sound continues as if nothing happened.
Only power off is possible. This happens with KDETV and with ZAPPING to.
I have googled for days to without success.