[Kwintv] No sound (Re: How to get kwintv going with a vcr

Steve beforewisdom at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 03:30:26 CEST 2005

Steve wrote:
> Mike Zarek wrote:
>
>>Do you have a patch cord running from Line (audio) Out of the TV card to
>>Line (audio) in of your sound card?
>

> LOL! I just thought of that when I tried xawtv-radio and got no sound.
> I put such a cable in and got the radio part of the radio card working.
>
> Still no dice with sound ( even for static ) for kdetv
>
> Steve

I was experimenting with it tonight when I stepped on one of the audio
cables and heard a murmur.  Eventhough the RC cables were fully in the
jacks bending the cables a bit to get them to sit ever so slightly
different gave me audio.

Go figure.

Thanks again for all of the tremendous help this weekend.

I can now watch vhs on my computer with gnu/linux!!

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap:  It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"