[Kwintv] How to get kwintv going with a vcr

Steve beforewisdom at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 5 18:01:43 CEST 2005

Mike Zarek wrote:
> If I'm reading this right, you can't do this......  You have two
> different types of video signals involved.....
>
> The video out of the VCR is a composite signal.  The S-video input of
> the TV card is not a composite signal input. (neither is it component,
> but that doesn't matter here).  It's "S-video".
>
> Unless you run that composite output of the VCR thru some kind of
> conversion to a S-video signal, it is simply not going to work.  Your TV
> card should have a composite video input (typically a yellow jack) and
> that's what you need to run the VCR output to......

Okay.

You read right.  I went to radio shack to ask the clerk for a cable that
would go from vcr antanne jack into my tv card.  He told me that instead
I needed a cable to go from "video out" on my vcr to "svideo" on my tv
card ( hauge pauge ).

I tried your suggestion.  I ran a line from "video out" on my vcr to
"line in" ( not yellow, no colors for any jack ) on my tv card.

Nothing happened when I scanned for channels with the wizard.
Nothing happened when I went to "Settings | Channels" and tried values
different then "television".

The VRC was playing on its channel 3.

Any ideas for what else I can try?

Thanks much in advance.

Steve

Be A Healthy Vegan Or Vegetarian
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/Veg/healthyVeg.html

Steve's Home Page
http://www.geocities.com/beforewisdom/

"The great American thought trap:  It is not real
unless it can be seen on television or bought in a
shopping mall"