[Kwintv] KDETV Suggestion

George Fragos fragos at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 03:29:04 CEST 2005

I'm also using a WinTV with SuSE. The trick to my getting it working
properly was to set the tuner correctly in YaST. You may need to pull the
Hauppauge sticker off the tuner to determine what it is. You can also try
different tuner settings until you find one that works.

On 10/12/05, dave.l.gibson at bt.com <dave.l.gibson at bt.com> wrote:

> I recently installed a Hauppauge WinTV card inside my Suse Linux 9.3professional box in the hope of being able to use the card to monitor a
> composite analogue video/audio source. It seems that in KDETV only
> channels provided via the UHF receiver could be viewed. Under MS Windows using
> Hauppauge-supplied software it's possible to view such local sources;
> would it be possible to extend KDETV to do this as well? For myself, and I
> suspect many others, this would prove invaluable.
>
> Thanks and with Kind Regards,
>
> *David****** Gibson*******
>
> PS. If I've overlooked something and it's currently possible to view the
> local source, do please let me know how to do this!

George Fragos
fragos at gmail.com
73 East Swift Ave.
Fresno CA 93704