[Kwintv] Pinnacle PCTV / no proper sound

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun May 29 12:54:36 CEST 2005

On Friday 27 May 2005 21:22, Jens Richter wrote:
> Hello
> I googled ad nauseam. Many users seems to have the
> prob, but no solution out there:
> Latest Kubuntu (Linux 2.6.10.x, Pinnacle PCTV (mono,
> no radio tuner, sound cable: card out->line in of the
> soundcard), SB Live card. Location: UK (=pal-i).
> Because there is no pal-i in the menu I searched with
> "pal"/"europe-west". All 5 channels (antenna) are
> working fine, the picture is clear. But the sound is
> only a noise. Any hints?
This sounds like you should look for a TV card driver problem. I guess it
selects the wrong sound source for the video source, e.g. video source is
"television" while sound is "composite". This may happen when the driver
misdetects the card and you need to supply the card type manually.
Does xawtv or zapping work? If not, it is likely a driver problem.