[Kwintv] Re: about kdetv bug ...

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun May 8 09:48:52 CEST 2005

On Friday 06 May 2005 17:13, wim delvaux wrote:
> this bug is 'marked' resolved. I have a similar problem but AFAIK I do not
> have any other xv application running
>
> I have tried running
>
> mplayer -vo xv xxx.mpg
>
> and that seems to work.
>
> So are you sure that this 'limitation' applies and if so why does the xv
> does not get released once that 'application' terminates ?
Hello,

I'd like to reopen the bug, but my kde bugtracking permissions seem to be
wrong.

The limitation is: only one app can use XV acceleration, so opening mplayer,
xine... while kdetv is running yields a black picture in kdetv.

The bug is, as I know now, is that kdetv's picture does not RETURN if xine is
closed. xine seems to do something interesting with the XV extension kdetv
does not like. Starting mplayer and closing it again brings the picture back
to kdetv. So this may be a bug of kdetv or xine.

> Would restarting the X-server work ?
Yes, but as I mentioned, starting mplayer and closing it also helps.