[Kwintv] New to the list

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Tue Mar 29 19:19:41 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 04:07, Pedro de Carvalho Gomes wrote:
> I will look at all your options and choose one to start. I may prefer to
> implement the kdetv as a KPart. I think this may be a good chalenge at
> begining, but do you see any use for this, i.e, do your know any program
> that would like to embed kdetv?
You could also make panel {extension, applet} work that embeds the part, it
would be a cool feature to have TV running in kicker ;-)

> I have compiled kdetv snapshot from cvs, but could not see the pal-M
> support. First I used a SuSE pre-build kdetv that only showed PAL and
> NTSC. I will start to lookt at the code to see how to set a Pal-M option
> at gui.
You won't find this anywhere in the program. The v4l2 plugin rewads the
supported norms from the TV card driver, so if they don't appear, your TV
card does not support it. PAL-M seems to be some strange format, 60Hz with
NTSC line count... (see
http://v4l2spec.bytesex.org/spec-single/v4l2.html#VIDIOC-ENUMSTD). Be sure to
have a v4l2 plugin driven device selected in the "Devices" menu. The v4l1
plugin only provides these norms if it detects a bttv device at runtime.