[Kwintv] kdetv fail at startup (and xawtv succed) : pvrusb2 v4l2

xavier.gnata at free.fr xavier.gnata at free.fr
Sun Mar 6 14:50:03 CET 2005

Hi,

I'm usign a Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-usb2 with the
http://justiceforall.free.fr/pvrusb2.html driver and it works without problem
with xawtv4 CVS.

kdetv failed at startup looping on :
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QUERYMENU failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QUERYMENU failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QUERYMENU failed: Invalid argument
kdetv: WARNING: V4L2Dev: VIDIOC_QUERYMENU failed: Invalid argument
(inifite loop on this warning).

I have read the sources : kdetv vl42 plugin and xawtv4 seems to init the card
almost the  way. I'm was not able to wolve the problem.
Any ideas to get kdetv working?

@+
Xavier