[Kwintv] perfect sound in KdeTV but not in VLC

FB register at flintz.de
Fri Jan 14 15:14:21 CET 2005

Hi there!

I am really desperate and hope somebody here can help me. I have the
folllowing problem:
KdeTV works perfectly. I start it and get video+sound without any
problems. But my aim is to use VLC to stream the video+sound data over
ethernet. So I start VLC and it can capture the video no problem there,
BUT it doesn't get any sound!
I already checked the /etc/asound.state (stored it while kdetv running
and stored it while kdetv not running and compared it) but there are no
differences when kdetv running or not, so it doesn't mess with my mixer
settings.
The really strange thing is that kdetv somehow switches the audio on and
switches it back to off when I close it (mute on exit is deactivated).
When I first start kdetv and then vlc, vlc is able to capture the sound,
but thats not a real solution.

I really have no idea what to try next.

Thanks in advance
-FB