[Kwintv] crash shortly after startup

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sat Jan 1 20:32:44 CET 2005

On Wednesday 22 December 2004 02:15, mattie wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to using kdetv. I tested it and everthing went well. Then I
> discovered the teletext plugin. I found it amazing, however, after 10
> seconds or something, it crashed. I can still view television with tvtime,
> etc. When I start it up, I see a few frames of television, then it crashes
> with the following trace:
> I looked for settings to reset, but except for the channels (which I want
> to keep), I did not find any..
Try deleting ~/.kde/share/config/kdetvrc, or disable the teletext plugin in
there (set it to "false")

> How to make it work again? :) (I tried building the latest cvs version,
> but I got an error: "checking for X... configure: error: Can't find X
> includes. Please check your installation and add the correct paths!")
It would help if you could compile a debug version (configure --enable-debug)
and send me a backtrace. For the X includes error, ask a Gentoo expert. Since
you can compile other X programs, your X headers must be there (that would be
my only guess on that error).