[Kwintv] kdetv 0.8.5 and only half the picture

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Mon Feb 28 20:21:11 CET 2005

On Tuesday 01 March 2005 13:23, Wolfgang Mader wrote:
Hello,

> frequenz table to scan: european-west
> I have found all programms I can imagine but I can only see the lower half
> of the picture. The upper half is messed up with horizontal stripes. And
> now the very strange thing comes in. I wanted you to provide with an
> snapshot but in the snapshot the complete picture is good like it should.
> In the config of Video4Linux Plugin I am forced to use X11 without shared
> memory because I am on an amd64 with nvidia videocard and the xv extension
> is corrupted at this time.
You have found a bug... As you noticed, disabling deinterlacing fixes it. But
this is not what I intended to do ;-)

> If I switch to fullscreen not the whole screen is used but only the
> upperleft corner.
> This is the first time I am wathing tv on my computer. So I have no idea
> where to start. Can you please give me an hind. If you need more
> information I am pleased to give it to you.
The picture is not scaled if you don't use XV display mode. X11 mode is not
capable of scaling, XV does it using the video card's hardware scaling
acceleration.

So you need to get video drivers with working XV or use the Open-Source
drivers.