[Kwintv] Crash when clicking "Picture Settings"

Adam Richard g4c9z at unb.ca
Wed Feb 16 20:35:46 CET 2005

Quoting Dirk Ziegelmeier <dziegel at gmx.de>:

> On Monday 14 February 2005 15:23, Adam Richard wrote:
> > kdetv crashed when I clicked "Picture Settings".  The backtrace should be
> > attached.
> >
> > I'm using a Belkin USB Videobus II which I haven't got working yet, so that
> > might be the
> > underlying cause (though of course it's still a bug since kdetv shouldn't
> > assume my hardware is configured correctly).
> >
> > The device is a video capture device, it doesn't have a TV tuner for
> > watching TV or changing channels - it just lets you plug in anything with
> > RCA plugs or an S-Video plug into it which goes into a USB port.  I don't
> > know, maybe kdetv assumes the device can change channels or that it has
> > certain other settings.
> What kdetv version, what video plugin are you using?

Whoops, I didn't see these questions before.  Version 0.8.4.  If by video plugin you
mean driver, usbvision 0.9.8.

> Are you able to do a debug build of kdetv and send a backtrace?

Here it is.  There's not much different - only 1 extra function in the stack trace it
seems, but I guess that's the useful part.  It turns out I can make it crash without
even plugging in my Videobus (I didn't plug it in this time), but the usbvision module
is still loaded into my kernel (I don't know how that happened since I didn't load
it).