[Kwintv] FreeBSD port...

Maarten ter Huurne maarten at treewalker.org
Tue Feb 8 07:40:51 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 01:24, David E. West wrote:

> I'd limit the scope to just tv related playback in mplayer.  The mplayer
> man page seems to suggest that it supports DVB playback.  I took a quick
> look at Xine's man page and didn't see a way to tell it to target an
> arbitrary X11 window ID.  I might have an older version of Xine.  I don't
> use Xine that much.

As far as I know, Xine and MPlayer have a different approach to embedding
them.

MPlayer is a separate process where you embed the output window and it is
controlled through a string-based protocol (slave mode).

Xine consists of xine-lib and a GUI-only process using xine-lib. So the way to
embed Xine would be to write an application that links to xine-lib. For
example Kaffeine works that way. Kaffeine works even if you don't have the
default Xine GUI installed, only xine-lib.

Bye,
		Maarten