[Kwintv] KDETV Crashing?

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Sun Feb 6 14:12:30 CET 2005

On Saturday 05 February 2005 04:41, Terry Eck wrote:
> Ronny wrote:
> > Hi... I'm new to linux and kdetv.
> >
> > I'm just wondering why KDETV crashes so much? I will be watching tv and
> > not doing a thing on my puter and viola! CRASH!!
> >
> > Can someone tell me what the most current version is? Also, I know
> > nothing about recompiling.
>
> I have seen the same thing happen several time using SuSE 9.2 using
> kdetv 0.8.2 (KDE 3.3.0). I've learned to live with it but would love
> to know a solution.
It would be great if you could test the latest version. If it still crashes,
send me a backtrace and the command line output of kdetv.

kdetv is 100% stable for me, but I can only test it on my system (SuSE 9.2,
Hauppauge bt878 based card). I have no access to other common systems for
regression tests.