[Kwintv] remote control support

Zsolt Rizsanyi rizsanyi at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 12 22:35:27 CEST 2005

jeremy at fantasticfamily.net wrote:
> I guess I don't understand. I have the remote communicating with my
> box. If
> run irw, I can see the output. I have irkick running, but there's
> nothing to
> configure. There's nothing listed in the controller functions box and my
> remote doesn't show up as a loaded extension. I've search everywhere and
> cannot find a kdelirc program, config file, or anything. I have kde-base
> installed.

irkick is part of kdelirc suite (there is the config dialog too, which is a
separate program) so I was talking about that.
If you don't have anything to configure in the kdelirc configuration that
means, that your remote is not supported with it.
You could easily write a new remote definition file for kdelirc based on
one existing one in /usr/share/apps/remotes/.
If you have kernel 2.6 and you are using the linux-input-layer with lirc,
then I can send you my remote config file for that.
If you encounter any problems then you could contact the kdelirc maintainer
for help (he may be able to create the definition file based on your
lircd.conf).

Regards,
Zsolt