[Kwintv] remote control support

jeremy at fantasticfamily.net jeremy at fantasticfamily.net
Tue Apr 12 13:53:23 CEST 2005

Hi. This is the qmail-send program at qmail-relay-norm-0.netfirms.com.
I'm afraid I wasn't able to deliver your message to the following
addresses
.

<kwintv at kde.org>:
Connected to 131.246.103.200 but connection died. (#4.4.2)

5)
  by 0 with SMTP; 12 Apr 2005 01:22:03 -0000

I guess I don't understand. I have the remote communicating with my
box. If
run irw, I can see the output. I have irkick running, but there's
nothing to
configure. There's nothing listed in the controller functions box and my
remote doesn't show up as a loaded extension. I've search everywhere and
cannot find a kdelirc program, config file, or anything. I have kde-base
installed.

Jeremy

On Monday 11 April 2005 11:33 am, Zsolt Rizsanyi wrote:
> On Monday 11 April 2005 16.49, jeremy at fantasticfamily.net wrote:
> > I've googled everywhere and I can't seem to find a solution to getting
> > remote control to work in kdeTV. I have installed it via urpmi using
> > MDK 10.1. All is working well. I can't find anyway to enable it in any
> > of the prefs. Do I have to complile it from scratch? If so, can
> > someone please tell me what option to use?
>
> kdetv doesn't have direct remote support, but supports remotes if
you use

> kdelirc (which comes with base kde).
>
> Regards,
> Zsolt