[Kwintv] kdetv/ALSA with Linux 2.6.12-rc2

Eike Hein sho at eikehein.com
Fri Apr 8 12:49:49 CEST 2005

Hi guys,

kdetv doesn't seem to play nice with Linux
2.6.12-rc2, specifically its version of ALSA.

The identifier of my Creative Audigy card has
changed to "Audigy 1 or 2 [Unknown]", and the
ALSA Mixer Plugin is now unable to bring up a
list of mixer elements to select in the "Con-
figure Mixer" dialog - thus, no sound. I've
tried the 03/28 CVS snapshot, no dice either.

KMix works as usual, as do arts, gstreamer
and the whole shebang. This might go away
with 2.6.12 final, of course - or it might
not. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Eike