[Kwintv] TV volume control

mETz mETz81 at web.de
Wed Apr 6 20:58:49 CEST 2005

On Sonntag März 27 2005 22:36, Dirk Ziegelmeier wrote:
> On Sunday 13 March 2005 04:55, Bharat Reddy wrote:
> >
> > I just run v4lctl -c /dev/video0 setattr 'volume'
> > 55000 in during startup and it works fine. However I'm
> > not able to change the volume unless I rerun the
> > command again with a different value.
> >
> > This is a key feature for those of us who want use
> > this program and a great new feature to have.
>
> OK, I implemented something that should do the trick. Can you compile the
> latest CVS version (there is a new snapshot available) and test it?

I just recompiled kdetv and this feature is absolutely cool :)
For now I had to load some old oss-mixer driver (tvmixer) which does
a) not play well with my alsa-setup
b) stopped working on my new mainboard, weird stuff
Now all I have to do is check tv-mode and set a decent percentage for line in
to get perfect sound (i.e. without distortion).

Bye, Stefan aka mETz