[Kwintv] KDETV in AMD64

SK_pt linux at joaovieira.com
Sun Sep 26 16:00:37 CEST 2004

Hi,

I couldn't compile KDETV in my AMD64 machine, I use MandrakeLinux 10
64bits,...

The first error on ./configure, is when it starts to find the QT library, I
presume it is because KDETV is looking for the 32bits version, in my case
that doesn't exists only the 64bits version,

I changed the line in config
qt_libdirs="$qt_libdirs $dir/lib64${kdelibstuff} $dir"
this was in the loop
for dir in $kde_qt_dirs; do

The Qt error didn't show again,....

The new problem was then the KDE, so now the KDE is in /usr/lib64/kde3 in my
case, I changed everywhere you had the possible dirs for KDE so it made the
config till the end with no problems

I must mention I'm a lame in Linux stuff, I just did this small steps because
I program for some years.

So I think its probably not that much stuff for you KDETV dev team to make
adaptions on your
sources to have it working in this kind of systems, becoming more used
nowadays

KDETV is AWESOME, I can't live without it...

thanks
JV