[Kwintv] Fwd: kdetv and config stuff

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Sep 23 16:17:01 CEST 2004

Please use the mailing list for these questions.

Subject: kdetv and config stuff
Date: Thursday 23 September 2004 06:34
From: mats wolpers <matthias.wolpers at freenet.de>
To: staikos at kde.org

Hi,
i see on the kdetv.org website that kernel 2.6.x are supposed to have
 trouble. I run a debian/sarge-testing (linux magazin DVD + updates) and
 observe the following:

in kernel 2.6.6 (k7 flavour) kdetv just works fine
in kernel 2.6.8 (k7 flavour) kdetv shows a number of strangenesses as follows
1) startup: when i klick on my desktop icon, i see the rotating sand clock,
then nothing happens. when i reclick on same icon, i get to see the first try
coming to life on the screen, and another window called kdetv<2>.

2) the started app has image and sound, but after a very short while image
goes away and a popup invites me to configure the plugins. twiddling this any
which way does not accomplish anything. this remains true even after i
manually load bbtv and restart X as instructed on the FAQ.
All the while sound remains ok and videotext works also.

As this is not quite what is described on the web, i thought you might want
 to know. i have kdetv 0.8.2 on kde 3.2.3 as received from the dziegel deb
 repository.

Anything i can do to provide more insight?

Cheers, Mats

PS: before i forget again: thanks for doing this work, i like the result a
lot.