[Kwintv] Problems with cx88xx

eGore egore at gmx.de
Sun Sep 19 22:00:03 CEST 2004

Am Sonntag, den 19.09.2004, 20:58 +0200 schrieb Dirk Ziegelmeier:
> On Thursday 16 September 2004 23:41, Christoph Brill wrote:
> > Ok, I copied the file in the source dir, removed the two slashes and
> > compiled (with debug enabled). kdetv did not work much better, still
> > hangs at the same point (after selecting the device)
> > Attached is the new strace (hope it helps).
> > BTW: I'm running 0.8.2 (not sure if this matters but I forgot to tell
> > that, iirc)
> Hm, are you sure it freezes? Judging from the strace output, kdetv does not
> seem to be blocked but displaying video... (gettimeofday() is called in the
> main video display routine). Did it really freeze? Or did it "work", but not
> display video?
No, it really freezes. You can simply see, that the QT-GUI is no longer
updated (you know that nice effect when you move the window away from
the desktop and back on it and you no longer see anything in that
window).
> Do other programs work (xawtv, tvtime)?
Since I hate xawtv I can't really tell. But TV time and zapping (gnome
TV client work fine).
> Unfortunately, if kdetv really freezes, I can't see where from the strace
> output.
You got any idea what else could cause this (or how I can debug it)?

> Dirk

If you think you can debug that better with having the card, I can lend
it to you. (I live in Mannheim, Germany and I think you provided the
cable list for this city (so you might live somewhere near me)).

Regards,
  Christoph