[Kwintv] German translation for .desktop files

Dirk Ziegelmeier dziegel at gmx.de
Wed Oct 27 23:02:57 CEST 2004

On Wednesday 27 October 2004 20:40, eGore wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I translated the .desktop files of kdetv (those that I found the
> kdevelop project). Maybe someone should check them before committing.
>
> Next to that I searched for .po files (which I know are most common for
> translations with gettext), but haven't found any. There is an xml file
> holding all strings used in kdetv, which does not seem to be localized.
> I think this is because this is part of kde-i18n, am I right?
This doesn't work this way. You really should read the HowTos on
http://i18n.kde.org/teams/de/ to understand how this works. The .desktop
files of a module (e.g. keg-3) are gathered into one big .pot file,
see
http://webcvs.kde.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/kde-i18n/templates/kdeextragear-3/

You need to translate these templates using KBabel and send them to the de
translation manager, Thomas Diehl. He will commit them for you.